Using SimmerMat > How to use
- Cook your food or bring to the boil. Remove the pot
from the stove and turn down the heat.
The ARIS™ SimmerMat™ is a simmering tool and is only to be used on low heat settings.
- Place the ARIS™ SimmerMat™ over the heat source.
For glass, ceramic or induction cookers, place the ARIS™ SimmerMat™ on the cooking surface POINTS DOWN.
For gas, electric or solid fuel cookers, place the ARIS™ SimmerMat™ on the cooking surface POINTS UP.
- Position the pot on top of the ARIS™ SimmerMat™. Place a lid on the pot to retain moisture.
- Never leave the ARIS™ SimmerMat™ on the heated element without a pot on top.
- Never preheat the SimmerMat before use.
- Always use the SimmerMat with a pot on top.
- Always use tongs when handling a hot SimmerMat.
- Only use on low heat settings for simmering.
When used correctly, the ARIS™ SimmerMat™ will not damage cooking appliances.
- Place in the dishwasher.
- Hand wash with a soft cloth. Do not use harsh brushes or scouring pads as they will damage the surface.
When the SimmerMat is cold, you can use it as a mat on which to put a very hot pan, to save the bench being burnt.
Other pages of interest:
>> Where to Buy
>> Who Uses SimmerMat
>> Contact List